Home & Landlord Insurance Claims

What should I do if I need to make a home or landlords insurance claim?

  • Take precautions to prevent further loss, damage or liability.
  • Notify the police if necessary.
  • Make sure you have your policy number and details of what has happened.
  • Call one of our friendly consultants on 131 846 who will assist you with the claims process.
  • If we believe that it is necessary for your claim to be assessed by a Loss ‎Adjuster we will appoint one of our preferred Loss Adjusters, who will be in ‎contact promptly to arrange a convenient time to visit you.
  • If damage has to be removed prior to the claim being assessed by a Loss Adjuster, please ensure you take photographs documenting the damage and/or the source of the damage to support your claim application.

Notifying TIO of a Claim


Call 131 846 and one of our friendly consultants will assist you with the claims process

Online Lodgement Service

We offer a 24hour online claim lodgement service.
Once you have lodged your claim, one of our friendly consultants will contact you within 1 business day.

Frequently Asked Questions

One of our consultants will discuss this with you when they receive your claim or when you call to make your claim.
Documents such as purchase receipts, credit card statements and owner's handbooks will help.
When you speak to a consultant, they'll let you know what you need to provide to help us process your claim.
Depending on your claim we will confirm our method to replace your possessions.
Our consultants will advise you on this as we review your claim.
Call our claims department and one of our friendly consultants will answer your claims inquiry.

Complaints & Dispute resolution process

TIO strives to resolve disputes as amicably and as quickly as possible.

As a signatory to the General Insurance Code of Practice we offer an Internal Dispute Resolution Process (IDR) in the event a customer is not satisfied with either the outcome of a General Insurance claim, or any aspect of its handling.

To start the IDR process, call us and ask to speak to the Claims Team Leader.
We will do everything to reach a resolution within the terms of the policy. If, however, you are still dissatisfied with our decision, you may choose to refer the matter to an independent external dispute resolution body, the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS).
The FOS Scheme offers claimants an impartial alternative to litigation. Like our IDR process, the FOS Scheme is free to claimants.

To find out more about the role of the FOS visit the FOS website at www.fos.org.au

Policy Documents and Key Fact Sheets

For the standard terms, conditions and exclusions about our home insurance, please refer to the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS). To see some of the events covered and not covered, please refer to our Key Fact Sheets (KFS).