Home Insurance Calculators

Buildings and contents insurance calculator

Why should I use a home and contents insurance calculator?

When you take out home and/or contents insurance, it’s important the amount you’re insured for accurately reflects the cost to rebuild your home and/or replace your contents. You might have to pay the difference out of your own pocket if you’re insured for less than the replacement value of your home and contents.

Our Home Insurance calculators are designed to estimate the replacement cost of a residential property, and can also be used as a landlord building insurance calculator.

If you need any help, call one of our insurance specialists on 131 846.

Choose a home or contents calculator

To get an estimate of how much it would cost to replace your building and/or contents, use our quick and easy calculators.

Our Home Building Insurance calculator is powered by CoreLogic, Australia’s leading property valuations provider. Our Contents Insurance Calculator is powered by Sum Insured Pty Ltd, who specialise in the research and production of contents replacement cost information.

All you need to do is enter your address and double check that we’ve got your building and contents information right.

Get an online estimate for how much Building and Contents cover you may need in just a few minutes!

Value my Buildings

Buildings Replacement Cost Calculator

Value my Buildings

For home owners and landlords

Value my Contents

Home Contents Replacement Cost Calculator

Value my Contents

For home owners and renters

Disclaimer: The calculators will estimate a replacement cost by using the general information about your home buildings and contents provided by you. The estimate may not be appropriate for you and you’ll need to assess its suitability given your knowledge of your property and contents.

It’s your responsibility to ensure that the level of cover will be adequate to repair or replace your buildings and home contents in the event of a covered claim.

Home and Contents Insurance Quotes

Home Buildings Insurance
Cover your buildings with our Territory Home Insurance.

Designed to cover the cost of loss or damage to the physical structures that make up your home buildings, from the house itself to your garage, fences, sheds and more.

Home Contents Insurance
Cover your contents with our Territory Home Insurance.

Designed to cover the cost of loss or damage to your contents at home, such as your furniture, white goods, rugs, electrical appliances, or even your clothes, linen, and more.

Frequently Asked Questions

When we send you a renewal invitation, we apply an automatic increase to the sum insured you’ve set for your building and/or contents insurance. We recommend you check these amounts and the other details of your renewal to ensure that your insurance cover still meets your needs.

When you take out home and/or contents insurance, it’s important the amount you’re insured for accurately reflects the cost to rebuild your home and/or replace your contents. Use our calculators as a guide to find out how much you should be insured for.

If you would like to discuss your Home insurance renewal with us, you can contact us on 131 846, 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday.

If you already have insurance, it’s important that you keep the insured value of your buildings and contents up to date. A gap between the sum insured and the actual value of your buildings and contents can happen slowly over time. Tools such as buildings and contents insurance calculators can help you gauge the current value of your assets.
As you accumulate and upgrade your contents over time, the cost of replacing your new contents may increase. That’s why it’s important for you to regularly review your contents sum insured to make sure it accurately reflects your contents’ value in the event of a claim.

Rebuilding costs can rise over time, increasing the replacement value of your home. This is especially true if you have undertaken any household renovations, including adding on extensions to your home.

When you’re undertaking household renovations, remember to let us know as soon as reasonably possible about renovations worth over $75K if you have Home Insurance or $75K if you have Landlord Insurance with us.

To update your sums insured or any other details on your policy please call our contact centre on 131 846, 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday.

We understand the unique conditions faced in the Territory

TIO is based in Darwin and our strength lies in our solid understanding of the conditions faced within the Territory year after year.

Find out more

Talk to a local!
Our contact centre and claims teams live and work in the Territory, so we know Territory conditions.
We cover various weather events
With our Buildings and Contents cover, you may be covered for storms, cyclones1, hail, storm surge1 and flood1.
Trusted since 1979
TIO was established in 1979 to provide Territorians with a range of insurance options to choose from. We are as committed and passionate about the Northern Territory as you are.
Which best describes you?

*Conditions apply

1. 72-hour exclusion period for loss or damage occurring from cyclones, storm surge or floods

We don’t provide cover for any loss of or damage to your property caused by cyclone, flood, or storm surge, during the first 72 hours after you first take out or increase the cover under an existing policy. For full details of conditions and exclusions refer to the relevant PDS.