At TIO we are committed to providing you with a secure banking environment. We want to share some helpful hints and tips with you that will help reduce the possibility of fraud and help keep your financial future safe.
- Always check your statements and report any unauthorised transactions immediately.
- When you change your address, notify us as soon as possible, so that we can update your details for all correspondence.
- Sign new credit/debit cards immediately upon receipt. Destroy old cards once they have expired.
- Memorise your PIN (Personal Identification Number) and do not keep it with your card.
- Report lost/stolen cards or chequebooks immediately.
- Do not disclose your PIN/Password/Access Code or confidential details to any person.
- Do not disclose your personal or account information over the phone unless you initiated the call or you are confident that it is a TIO representative you are dealing with. Alternatively, if you have any doubt, you can decline to provide the information and call us direct.
- If you receive a call from anyone purporting to be a TIO representative requesting your PIN or Password, BE SUSPICIOUS as we will not call you and ask for these details.
- Ensure that no one can see you entering your PIN when using the ATM. To protect your PIN details, cover your hand when entering your PIN at an ATM.
- Be discreet when withdrawing cash at an ATM.
- If you believe an ATM has been tampered with, do not use it and advise TIO (if the ATM is located at a branch) or call the police if it is a non-branch ATM.
- When disposing of correspondence containing personal information, ensure that documents are destroyed properly or shredded.
- As a safeguard, lock your letterbox to help avoid your personal mail being stolen as thieves are known to use personal details.
- Share accommodation - don't leave your personal items unattended.
- If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, notify TIO as soon as possible on 1300 301 833.
Credit and debit cards
- Keep your credit or debit card in sight during a transaction.
- EFTPOS receipts should be kept secure. Destroy them if not needed.
- Keep your PIN secure. Always memorise the PIN and never keep it with your card.
- Don't tell anyone your PIN not even a TIO representative.
- When using your credit card to make purchases via the internet, only deal with well known/reputable companies. Make sure that a padlock symbol appears in the right hand bottom corner of the web site indicating a secure operating environment.
- Change your password regularly (we recommend you change your password monthly), and choose a password that is hard to guess. Do not choose a password based on your date of birth or an alphabetical code that is a recognisable part of your name.
- Always access the TIO website and Online Banking by typing "www.tiofi.com.au" into your Internet browser address field.
- Always log out when you have finished using Online Banking.
For more information on Online Banking security, please refer to the Online Banking Security Guide.